Americans talk harshly. Germans only talk about work. Japanese say yes to everything. While working with non-Indians we face so many challenges. They don’t understand us. Have you wondered if you are stereotyping people? Indians can’t speak good English. Indians are never on time. How many times have you suffered because of people stereotyping you?Download Brochure
In a fast-paced world, where business is done in the blink of an eye, with people across the world, we get impacted by stereotyping. Stereotyping is a very common issue leading to misunderstandings and ultimately negative impact to our brand and business. To manage stereotyping and minimize its negative impact it’s important to understand what it is and its origin.
Individuals who have experienced and suffered from the negative impact of stereotyping and want to minimise the negative impact to their brand and business.
- Maximum – 30 participants in a Virtual class & Face to face
- Maximum – 250 participants in a Webinar
- Identifying stereotyping
- Identify the language of stereotyping
- Identify situations where I am stereotyping others
- Help others to stop stereotyping me
- What is stereotyping
- How does stereotyping happen?
- How can I identify stereotyping?
- How can I stop stereotyping others?
- How can I help others stop stereotyping me?
- Multiple Delivery Options – F2F, Facilitator led Virtual Session, Webinar
- Highly interactive facilitator moderated discussions, Presentations, Individual & Group exercises, Roleplays, App-based activities, Videos, Q&A
Multiple Delivery Options:
- Webinar – 1 hour
- Facilitator Led Virtual - 2 hours
- Face to Face – 1 day
- Duration of programs based on specific organisational needs
- Multiple sessions can be organised during the day
- Training needs analysis prior to design and delivery – to baseline exact requirements for maximum program value and impact
- Follow-up programs and individual coaching sessions for greater effectiveness